Thursday, August 20, 2015

I Will Lead A Life Of Integrity


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Will
Lead A Life
Of Integrity

I have watched so many pastors and Christian leaders during the past 40 years fall into sexual sin and it destroyed so much of what they could have been and done.  Sin is sin. Let’s don’t try to rationalize it.

Scripture

Psalm 101

I will be careful to live a blameless life—
    when will you come to help me?
I will lead a life of integrity
    in my own home.
I will refuse to look at
    anything vile and vulgar.


Observation

It has been now more than 42 years since God called Kathy and I into full time ministry. During that time Satan has tried in all sorts of ways to destroy us and I don’t think that he has given up yet trying to reach that goal!

I was taught by Dr. Waylon B. Moore and other godly men to establish boundaries for myself so I didn’t yield to the temptations that Satan would bring across my path. Satan loves to use those of the opposite sex to bring us down. 

It only takes yielding once to destroy my family, my ministry, hurt those in our church, and wipe out my witness to those who are watching me but have yet to put their faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.

I have watched with sadness and great pain so many pastors and Christian leaders during the past 40 years fall into sexual sin.

King David, who wrote this Psalm, let down his guard when he lusted over Bathsheba. He then committed adultery and then committed murder to try to cover up his sin. Even though God was gracious with His servant David after David repented of this horrible sin, the consequences on David’s life, on his family, and on the nation were terrible. It was devastating!

Sin is sin. Let’s don’t try to rationalize it. And don’t think that you or I could ever get away with it.

Be a man or woman of integrity. Strive to live a blameless life.

If what we are doing is wrong? If what we are doing is sinful? If you or I are committing adultery, fornication, or any type of sexual immorality, even it is only in our mind, then we need to REPENT.

Turn from sin and self and turn back to God!

 Application

I will strive to lead a life of integrity in my own home. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am a sinner. I know how easy it is for me to say “yes” to the temptations that are daily put before me. Help me to say “no” to those temptations. Don’t let me let my guard down. I know that the enemy would love to destroy me. I know that Satan wants to destroy my marriage, my family, and my ministry. Don’t let him do it. Keep me strong.

I pray for our leadership team at Christ Fellowship. Help them set and keep boundaries for how they deal with the opposite sex. Protect them. Don’t let them neglect their family. Especially don’t let them neglect their spouse! Help them to live godly lives. Help them to live a life of integrity.
Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 48,49; Psalms 67; 1 John 1; Psalm 98-102


  • If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: