Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Blessed Are Those Who Believe Without Seeing Me


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Blessed
Are Those Who Believe
Without Seeing Me

Who is Jesus Christ to you? Is He just part of your vocabulary, just a Name you misuse when you get mad? Just a name you spew out when you want to curse at someone or curse at some thing that just broke or when some stupid thing gets in your way?

Scripture

John 20

27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”
28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.
29 Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.”

Observation

Who is Jesus Christ to you? Is He just part of your vocabulary, just a Name you misuse when you get mad? Just a name you spew out when you want to curse at someone or curse at some thing that just broke or when some stupid thing gets in your way?

My Dad was good at using Jesus’ name in all of those wrong ways, for all the wrong reasons but would my Dad step inside a church where Jesus Christ was worshiped, where Jesus’ Name was honored and where Jesus’ Name was glorified, oh no, my Dad would have no part of that. Not one time in my entire life do I remember my Dad stepping foot inside a church.

Do you believe?

Has there been a time in your life when you turned from sin and self and surrendered your life to the Lord Jesus Christ asking Him to be your Lord and your Savior?

Take a minute to read John 18 – 20 and you will find the story of how Jesus was arrested, how He was nailed to a cross, buried, and on the third day Jesus Christ came back to life!

My Granny, yes my Dad’s Mom, I got to see Jesus in her!

When I was little she gave me a big ole family Bible with all those great pictures in it. She walked me to church where I got involved in the R.A.’s (Royal Ambassadors for Christ). She must have prayed for my salvation! I remember her talking about taking part in a Billy Graham Crusade.

Jesus is my Lord and my Savior. How about you? Do you know Him?


Application

I will strive to live my life in a way that helps my children and my grandchildren see Jesus in me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I believe. Thank You for allowing me to become one of Your children. Thank You for the people that You placed in my life at just the right time. I don’t deserve salvation. I don’t deserve eternal life. I don’t deserve the life that You have allowed me to live. I am so blessed. Thank You for giving me what I don’t deserve. Thank You for not giving me what I do deserve. You are a God of Grace.

I pray for those who might be reading this blog. Open up their spiritual eyes so they can see Jesus. May they pray to You today and surrender their lives to You. Help them to believe.

Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 26,35,36; John 20



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: