Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Obey Me, And I Will Be Your God, And You Will Be My People. Do Everything As I Say, And All Will Be Well!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Obey Me, And I Will Be Your God,
And You Will Be My People.
Do Everything As I Say, And All Will Be Well!

I tell people when I get a chance to talk to them about their relationship to the Lord that God does want to bless them. He wants to bless me. I share with them an illustration that helps me and maybe it can help you when it comes to this thing of “obedience”. Please take a minute to read what God has taught and is still teaching me …

Scripture

Jeremiah 7

23 This is what I told them: ‘Obey me, and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do everything as I say, and all will be well!’

Observation

I tell people when I get a chance to talk to them about their relationship to the Lord that God does want to bless them. He wants to bless me.

I share with them an illustration that helps me and maybe it can help you when it comes to this thing of “obedience”.

Obedience (to God and obeying what God tells us in His word) is like being under an umbrella. 

When we walk in obedience to what God has told us in His word then we are under His protection and we are under his blessing. When we decide to disobey God, when we walk in disobedience then we are no longer under His umbrella of protection and blessing. It is a painful and dangerous place for a Christian to be. I know this by experience!

I love what King David says to God after he committed adultery with Bathsheba and murdered her husband to try to cover up his sins. 

Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. Psalm 51:12 

Using my illustration I think that King David was telling God, “make me willing to stay under the umbrella of your protection and make me willing to stay under your umbrella of blessing.” David had sinned. He had decided in his heart to sin against God. 

But … King David turned … he repented … he got back under the umbrella so God would bless him and protect him. 

Maybe you and I need to say to God, “make me willing to obey you”? Maybe we need to say to God, “make me willing to stay under the umbrella”? 

But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands. Exodus 20:6

When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful. Proverbs 29:18

…We can come to God with bold confidence. 22 And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him. 1 John 3:21-22

Application

Make me willing to obey You. Make me willing to stay under Your umbrella of blessing!

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I will call on You, and You will rescue me. Morning, noon, and night I cry out in my distress, and You hear my voice. I will give my burdens to You Lord, and You will take care of me. You will not permit me to slip and fall. Psalm 55:21-22 (personalized)


Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 7,8,9; John 13; Psalm 52-56


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: