Friday, August 14, 2015

The Human Heart Is The Most Deceitful Of All Things, And Desperately Wicked.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The Human Heart Is The Most Deceitful Of All Things,
And
Desperately Wicked.

What comes out of my heart and then out of my mouth shocks me many times! How can I say such hateful things, how can I say such mean things to the one that I love the most? Yes, our spouse gets the misfortune of seeing and feeling our heart at its worst!

Scripture

Jeremiah 17:9

“The human heart is the most deceitful of all things,
    and desperately wicked.
    Who really knows how bad it is?
10 But I, the Lord, search all hearts
    and examine secret motives.


Observation


I don’t like what this verse says about my heart! But I have to admit that it is so true. 

What comes out of my heart and then out of my mouth shocks me many times! How can I say such hateful things, how can I say such mean things to the one that I love the most? 

Yes, our spouse gets the misfortune of seeing and feeling our heart at its worst!

You and I are capable of “any” sin. 

Don’t kid yourself! You and I are capable of any sin. That is why when we see someone else caught up in a certain sin the Bible warns us to be careful because we could do the very same thing. 

“Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself.” Galatians 6:1

I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me? 

These are 3 phrases that you and I need to use a lot with our spouse and our children. It is also the 3 things that the Lord needs to hear from us when we sin. 

Our spouse is not our enemy. Satan is our enemy and he has help from an ally. And what ally does he have you ask? He has the help of our desperately wicked hearts. 

Application 

I will ask the Lord to guard my heart today. How about you?

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23



Prayer

Heavenly Father, How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.  Psalm 19:12,14. Help me to guard my heart above all else, because I know that it determines the course of my life. Proverbs 4:23 (personalized)


Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 16,17; Psalms 96; John 16





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: