Saturday, August 15, 2015

May They Experience Such Perfect Unity That The World Will Know That You Sent Me


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

May They Experience
Such Perfect Unity
That The World Will Know That You Sent Me

It is a lot easier to fuss, fight, argue, and be critical of one another! Jesus’ prayer for us in John 17 is that we experience something different in our lives and that difference will make the world take notice!


Scripture

John 17

23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.


Observation


Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Ephesians 4:1-2

Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all! Romans 12:16

Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. Colossians 3:14
    … be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32 

It is a lot easier to fuss, fight, argue, and be critical of one another! It is our old nature: 

“Galatians 5:19-21 

    When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, your lives will produce these evil results: sexual immorality, impure thoughts, eagerness for lustful pleasure, idolatry, participation in demonic activities, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, divisions, the feeling that everyone is wrong except those in your own little group, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other kinds of sin.  

To live in harmony with each other we must allow ourselves to be controlled by God’s Holy Spirit:  

[22] But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 


Application

I will ask the Lord to take control of my life today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is so easy for me to be critical. It is so easy for me to see the speck in someone else’s eye and not see the beam in mine. I want Your Holy Spirit to be in control of my life today. Show me when and where I am critical and when I am only thinking of myself. Give me your heart for the people around me.


Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 18,19,20; Psalms 93; John 17



 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: