Tuesday, August 25, 2015

I Took My Troubles To The LORD; I Cried Out To Him, And He Answered My Prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Took My Troubles
To The LORD;
I Cried Out To Him, And He Answered My Prayer.

If we look at our world from strictly a human point of view then our future looks dreadful, miserable, and down right gloomy. The world seems totally out of control with only evil behind the steering wheel. Evil conspiracy theories flood the Internet! Financial collapse seems long overdue! What in the world should we do? Get God’s perspective on the situation that is what we should do!

Scripture

Psalm 120

I took my troubles to the Lord;
    I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer.


Observation

Trouble, you don’t even have to go looking for it. It seems to come right to you. At least at the Williams’ household that seems to be the case. 

Of course, it shouldn’t be a surprise to me because I have memorized John 16:33 and it is a constant reminder to me of what Jesus said, 

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

If we look at our world from strictly a human point of view then our future looks dreadful, miserable, and down right gloomy. The world seems totally out of control with only evil behind the steering wheel. 

Evil conspiracy theories flood the Internet! Financial collapse seems long overdue! 

What in the world should we do? Get God’s perspective on the situation that is what we should do!

Here are a few suggestions from God’s Word. I could list several thousand more!

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

 “O Sovereign Lord! You made the heavens and earth by your strong hand and powerful arm. Nothing is too hard for you! Jeremiah 32:17

17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
    They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
    they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
    you are still with me!  Psalm 139:17-18


Here is my favorite promise as I think about our government, world systems, evil in general, and the future and where it looks like we may be headed. 

 I praise God for what he has promised.
    I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
    What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 56:4  


Just remember this,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.  Philippians 2:10-11


God is in control. The victory has already been won! We are on the winning team!

Application

I will hold on to God’s promises as I face the future. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, fear of what lies ahead can and does scare me. That is why I cling to Your Word. I hold on to all of Your promises. You do not lie. Every promise that You have made in Your word I know You will keep. I am Your child. “For you are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.  Let me live forever in your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of your wings!” Psalm 61:3-5

Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 37,38,39; Psalms 79; 2 John; Psalm 120-125



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: