Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I Could Have No Greater Joy Than To Hear That My Children Are Following The Truth


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Could Have No Greater Joy
Than To Hear
That My Children Are Following The Truth

For a Christian Mom and Dad there is not any greater joy than to hear that their children are following the truth! None. Nada. Nothing even comes close. I want to hear my kids and grandkids say with all their hearts, “Jesus Christ is my Lord and my Savior and I living my life for Him.” I want to see them growing in their relationship with Jesus! I could have no greater joy than that! Please Keep Reading …


Scripture

3 John

I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children are following the truth.

Observation

For a Christian Mom and Dad there is not any greater joy than to hear that their children are following the truth! None. Nada. Nothing even comes close.

I want to hear my kids and grandkids say with all their hearts, “Jesus Christ is my Lord and my Savior and I living my life for Him.” I want to see them growing in their relationship with Jesus! I could have no greater joy than that!

So Kathy and I are excited when we hear that our grown kids are attending church. We love it when we have the chance for our grandchildren to come to church with us.

I constantly remind myself that it was my “Granny” that took me to church when I was just a little kid. She was the one that influenced me to follow the Truth!

I agree with the old saying that “Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than pushing a wheelbarrow into a garage makes it a car”, but going to church does give us a chance to hear the Word of God and become followers of the Truth, followers of the Lord Jesus Christ.

So if any of my kids or grandkids ever happen to read this blog then they will know without a doubt what will bring “Joy unspeakable” to our hearts. 

Application

I will continue to strive to live my life in a way that hopefully my kids and my grandkids will see Jesus in me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have given Kathy and I five super kids and ten wonderful grandchildren. You know our hearts. You know that it is our hearts’ desire that all of our kids and all of our grandkids follow the Truth. Help each one of them to know Jesus as their own personal Lord and Savior.

Help each one of them live their lives in a way that pleases You. Kathy and I are counting on You to do in their lives everything that we failed to do. We tried to be good parents, but You know that there were times when we didn’t do such a great job. But You my Heavenly Father are Perfect and nothing is too hard or impossible for You. Would You please finish what we started? There could be no greater joy for us than that! Amen


Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 50,51; 3 John




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: