Friday, August 07, 2015

God Doesn’t Listen To Sinners, But He Is Ready To Hear Those Who Worship Him and Do His Will.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

God Doesn’t Listen To Sinners,
But
He Is Ready To Hear Those Who Worship Him and Do His Will.

In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her, as you should so your prayers will not be hindered. KEEP READING...

Scripture

John 9

31 We know that God doesn’t listen to sinners, but he is ready to hear those who worship him and do his will.

Observation

Does God hear everyone’s prayers? Of course He does, He is God, but He doesn’t answer or pay attention to everyone’s prayers.

    If I had not confessed the sin in my heart,
        my Lord would not have listened. Psalm 66:18

When you and I hold on to and continually commit a particular sin and we refuse to repent and confess our sin then God does not listen, God does not pay attention to our requests.

The Apostle Peter says in 1 Peter 3:7

In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her, as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.

Are you treating your wife as you should? Are you committing adultery with another woman (maybe at the moment only in your thoughts)? Are you verbally or physically abusing your wife? Are you treating her with understanding?

If you are not treating her, as you should then your prayers whatever those prayers may be are not getting to the heart of our Heavenly Father.

I could have mentioned many other sins but the sin of sexual immorality seems what our enemy Satan is using to damage and destroy the lives of so many Christ followers.

… For all these worldly things, these evil desires—the craze for sex, the ambition to buy everything that appeals to you, and the pride that comes from wealth and importance—these are not from God. They are from this evil world itself. 1 John 2:16

Okay lets now look at the positive side of this verse … “but He is ready to hear those who worship him and do his will.”

When you and I with a clean heart, a heart that has every sin confessed, come to our Heavenly Father in prayer we will always find Him ready and willing to answer our requests. 

    You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, because the work of the Son brings glory to the Father. Yes, ask anything in my name, and I will do it! John 14:13-14

And we are confident that He hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases Him. And since we know He hears us when we make our requests, we also know that He will give us what we ask for. 1 John 5:14-15

 Application

I want God to hear and respond to me when I pray to Him so I will confess my sin as I commit them. I will ask Him to show me any sin in my life that I have not confessed. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am a sinner. I am broken. I realize that I am just as capable to committing any type of sin as anyone else. So don’t let me hold on to a sin. May Your Holy Spirit convict me of sin as soon as I commit the sin and don’t let me continue living in that sin. Help me to keep a clean heart. I pray especially for men today who have allowed themselves to yield to the temptation of sexual sin. Give them the strength to say no to sin and yes to You. 

Daily Bible Reading:  Zephaniah 1,2,3; John 9

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: