Monday, June 27, 2016

All Scripture Is Inspired By God


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

All Scripture
Is
Inspired By God



Scripture

2 Timothy 3:16

16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

Hebrews 4:12

God means what he says. What he says goes. His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon’s scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey. Nothing and no one is impervious to God’s Word. We can’t get away from it—no matter what. MESSAGE

Observation

Any other book is just a book, but the Bible is not like any other book! It is living and powerful!
It transforms lives. I know because God’s Word changed my life! 

No other book comes close! I looked up on the web Guinness world records and found out that at least 5 Billion copies of the Bible have been printed since 1815 in more than 349 languages; and 2123 languages have at least one book of the Bible in that language! 

And you aren’t reading it everyday?  – don’t be scared of the Bible. Read it every day in a translation that you can understand like the NIV or the NLT versions. 

Start reading the Gospel of John or the Gospel of Mark. Read a little bit each day and ask God to help you understand what you are reading! God’s Word can and will change your life! 

Personally I think it is helpful to write down something that God shows you from what you read each day. That is why I write this simple devotional blog. You can do the same thing. 

 Application

I will read God’s Word everyday this year! How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us the Bible. Nothing is more important to me than Your Word. You speak to me every day through it. Help me to always think of Your Word like Job did when he said, “… I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my daily food.” {Job 23:12} Don’t let me ever get tired of reading, studying, and meditating on what You have said to me in the Bible. It is Alive and Powerful! You are Mighty and You alone are worthy of my Praise!


Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 13,14; 2 Chronicles 25; 2 Timothy 3  




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: