Monday, June 13, 2016

Forgetting The Past And Looking Forward To What Lies Ahead, I Press On To Reach The End Of The Race And Receive The Heavenly Prize


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Forgetting The Past
And Looking Forward To What Lies Ahead,
I Press On To Reach The End Of The Race And Receive The Heavenly Prize


Scripture

Philippians 3

13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

Observation

Mass murder and acts of terrorism were all in the Apostle Paul’s past. It was part of his culture just like it is part of ours. The Apostle Paul became a believer in Jesus Christ and everything changed. It is hard to imagine that Saul with such a past could become Paul that wrote most of the New Testament.  

The Apostle Paul was in jail when he wrote to the church in Philippi, as he was when he wrote most of his letters to the churches. But neither his present circumstances nor his past caused him to be depressed.

His secret – he knew his future! 

He knew what was ahead for him. He knew that there was a heavenly prize waiting for him. His goal was to know Christ and the power of His resurrection, the power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead. 

No matter what you and I go through today it is nothing compared to what we will experience when we see Jesus face to face. 

If yesterday’s horrific event scares you and causes you to be depressed. Let me remind you of this promise:

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Application

I will stay focused on the finish line today! I have a heavenly prize waiting for me. How about you?

Prayer

Here is my prayer for you today!

 I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding.  For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return.  

May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation—the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ—for this will bring much glory and praise to God. Philippians 1:9-11
Heavenly Father, I pray for all of the families that are dealing with grief from yesterday’s terrible tragedy. I pray that these families will turn to You for the help that they need. You are the God of all comfort and compassion. Be with all of the first responders as they deal with the emotional trauma of trying to help so many people and seeing so many that were killed. 

I pray for my son Eddie today on his birthday. I pray that You would help him to be strong and courageous. Help him to be all that You have created him for. Don’t let him settle for anything less than Your best for him. Help him be a positive influence to those around him. May he bring You much glory and honor. Bless him as he puts You fist in his life. 

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Kings 13,14; 2 Chronicles 12; Philippians 3



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: