Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Listen To Me You Fat Cows …


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Listen
To Me
You Fat Cows … 


Scripture

Amos 4

Listen to me, you fat cows ... 

Titus 1

16 Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live. They are detestable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good.

Observation

When Amos, the shepherd prophet prophesied against Israel’s neighbors and then against Israel and Judah he did not worry about being politically correct! 

We live in a strange world where national and world leaders are afraid to take a stand on any moral issue or to even call evil – evil! 

I pray that God calls out an Amos or two that will not be afraid to speak out and lead our nation in the right direction. In Amos 3:7 God says, “Indeed, the Sovereign Lord never does anything until he reveals his plans to his servants the prophets.”

Titus reminds us that some people may claim to know God, but they deny Him by the way they live. And Titus goes on to say that these people are detestable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good. 

Application

Would you join me in asking God to raise up godly leadership across our nation? Will you also join me in making a commitment to live our lives in a way that honors and glorifies our God?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, fat cows, plenty of them running our country right into the ground. I am responsible for voting them into office. I certainly take part of the blame. I ask You to raise up godly leaders that we can support, godly leaders that will lead our country in the right direction. I know that we have sinned. I know that I have sinned. And I know that our country cannot continue in the ungodly direction it is heading without coming under Your judgment and correction. So I cry out to You for help!


Daily Bible Reading:  Amos 4,5,6; Psalms 86,87; Titus 1

 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: