Thursday, June 09, 2016

Using A Dull Ax Requires Great Strength, So Sharpen The Blade. That’s The Value Of Wisdom; It Helps You Succeed.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Using A Dull Ax Requires Great Strength,
So Sharpen The Blade.
That’s The Value Of Wisdom; It Helps You Succeed.

I just came back from a 6 am breakfast meeting with some of the men of our church. Pastor Larry Chadwell is guiding us as we work together to come up with 8 transferable concepts or tools that one day soon we want every man in our church to be able to use with other men. As I came back to the house to have make daily quiet time and read my Bible this verse in Ecclesiastes 10 jumped out at me! To be with these men this morning was a blade sharpening experience for Eddy Williams. 

Scripture

Ecclesiastes 10

10 Using a dull ax requires great strength,
    so sharpen the blade.
That’s the value of wisdom;
    it helps you succeed.


Observation

I just came back from a 6 am breakfast meeting with some of the men of our church.

Pastor Larry Chadwell is guiding us as we work together to come up with 8 transferable concepts or tools that one day soon we want every man in our church to be able to use with other men.

As I came back to the house to have make daily quiet time and read my Bible this verse in Ecclesiastes 10 jumped out at me! To be with these men this morning was a blade sharpening experience for Eddy Williams.  

As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. Proverbs 27:17

And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others. 2 Timothy 2:2

Are you part of a small group? It is a great place to “sharpen your blade”!

 Application

I am grateful for guys like Larry Chadwell that God uses in my life to help me be more like Jesus!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, as Pastor Larry shared this morning. I want to commit everything that I know about myself to everything that I know about Jesus. I want to yield everything to You this morning. I pray for the men of our church. Help them to have a Spirit open to spiritual things. Help them to grow. Give them the desire and the mindset to grow. Thank You for what You are doing in our church. Thank You for what You are doing right now in my life.


Daily Bible Reading:  Ecclesiastes 10,11,12; Psalms 94; Ephesians 5




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: