Saturday, June 18, 2016

Wherever Your Treasure Is, There The Desires Of Your Heart Will Also Be.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Wherever Your Treasure
Is,
There The Desires Of Your Heart Will Also Be.


Scripture

Matthew 6

19 “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal.
 
20 Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.
 
21 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.

Observation

What do you have here on earth that you treasure the most? I am not talking about your spouse or your family. What material possession or possessions do you treasure the most like your house, car, boat, hunting lodge, property, 401k, or other savings or checking accounts.

If you and I aren’t careful we will let money and material possessions become the driving force in our lives, they will become the main focus and desire of our hearts.

I hate to say it but I sometimes catch myself wanting something or wanting to do something that financially is totally out of my reach. Where do those thoughts come from?

Lets simplify our lives so we can focus on where our treasures should be stored! Lets quit worrying about what everybody else has and what we don’t have and lets focus on kingdom stuff – lets focus on people and building great relationships with them and helping them know our Savior Jesus Christ!

My most treasured possession is an old King James study Bible that Kathy gave me when God called me into the ministry. It is not much to look at but it is my greatest earthly possession. When I die I want someone to use that Bible or at least the notes that I have written in it to preach my funeral.


25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Matthew 6:25-27

Application

I will strive to be content and I will focus on building stronger relationships with the people that God has brought into my life. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be content with all that You have blessed me with. Don’t let me spend my time thinking about or worrying about stuff that doesn’t matter. Show me what is important. Show me how and where to invest my time and energy. I am blessed. You have been so good to me. You alone are worthy of praise!


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 18,19; Colossians 4; Psalm 18, Psalm 118, Proverbs 18, Matthew 6




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: