Friday, June 17, 2016

Let The Message About Christ, In All Its Richness, Fill Your Lives.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Let The Message
About Christ, In All Its Richness,
Fill Your Lives.


Scripture

Colossians 3

16 Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. 17 And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.

Observation

I hear Christians say, “I don’t read the Bible everyday, or say, “I don’t read the Bible like I should” or “I don’t read the Bible very much” and I am thinking to myself and often I tell them, “You are missing out on what God has for your life!”

No wonder we are struggling with everything.

No wonder we can’t live a victorious Christian life! I wouldn’t have a chance living like God’s wants me to live if I wasn’t in His Word everyday.

Why not make this commitment to the Lord today and say to Him, “I will read Your Word everyday and if I forget to read Your word and I remember after I am already in bed I will get back up and read.

Making a commitment to the Lord is serious business but this is one commitment that you and I have to make!“

Help us Lord to faithfully dig into your Word everyday so we can grow in Christ.”


Application

I will continue to encourage men and women to read God’s Word everyday so they are able to grow into strong vibrant followers of Christ. And I will read God’s Word every day so that I can do the same!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word. I love it. Help me not to miss one day this year of being challenged by what You say to me in Your word. Your Word says, “How can a young {and even an old} person stay pure? By obeying your word and following its rules. I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. {Personalized and words in italics are mine} Psalm 119:9,11,105

I pray for Kathy today on her birthday! I am so thankful that You brought her into my life. She is the best. No person on earth is more important to me than Kathy. Nobody even comes close! Bless her today. Continue to bless her with good health. Answer all of her prayers. Give her the desires of her heart. Make all of her plans successful. (Psalm 20:1-4)
   

   


   

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Kings 20,21; 2 Chronicles 17; Colossians 3





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: