Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Train Yourself To Be Godly. Physical Training Is Good, But Training For Godliness Is Much Better, Promising Benefits In This Life And In The Life To Come


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Train Yourself To Be Godly.
Physical Training Is Good, But Training For Godliness Is Much Better,
Promising Benefits In This Life And In The Life To Come


Scripture

1 Timothy 4

… Train yourself to be godly. “Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”

Observation

How do you and I train ourselves to be godly? Just showing up at church on Sundays is definitely not enough. But faithful consistent church attendance and participation is a good first step.

A godly person is not a perfect, but it is a person striving to put God first in his or her life. Every morning as they start their day they make the daily choice to put God first.

And as they mess up during the day and do something that doesn’t please God (called sin) they don’t hesitate to quickly ask their Heavenly Father for forgiveness.

Do you want to grow in Christ? I hope you answered “yes”! 

If so you and I need to be intentional. We need to train ourselves! We must discipline ourselves for godliness!

The first step is to surrender our lives voluntarily to the Lord Jesus Christ, asking Him to be Lord over our lives.

I know someone very close to me that has just joined the military reserves. I admire him for making that decision especially in today’s crazy world of terror and war. He is making a commitment to the training that they will require, both to the mental and physical training that will prepare him for his assignment.

His life is in their hands. He has voluntarily given his life to them during the time he is in the military. You and I need to make the same kind of commitment when it comes to knowing Christ! We need to put Him first! Only when God has first place in our lives are we able to live lives that are godly and pleasing to Him.

Maybe you have been thinking about becoming a Christ Follower, but so far you have been unwilling to surrender your life to Jesus Christ. I understand your struggle. I have been right where you are.

But I can tell you from personal experience that without a doubt it was the best and the most important decision that I have ever made. It will be the best decision that you ever make in your life too!

Be bold and courageous. Do not be afraid! If God is Who He says He is and I know from personal experience that He is, then You can trust Him with your life!

Application

I will continue to challenge men and women to live for Christ. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help anyone that may be reading this blog that is trying to decide whether or not to put their faith and their trust in Jesus Christ. Open their spiritual eyes so that they can believe. Help all of us grow in Christ. Don’t let me be lazy. Don’t let me go in the wrong direction. I want to grow as a Christian every single day. I want to live a godly life. I know that it will help me in my life right now and I know that it will help me in the life that is yet to come!


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Kings 8,9; 2 Chronicles 21; 1 Timothy 4





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: