Saturday, June 04, 2016

With God’s Help We Will Do Mighty Things


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

With
God’s Help
We Will Do Mighty Things



Scripture

Psalm 60

12 With God’s help we will do mighty things,
    for he will trample down our foes.


Observation

This would be a great motto for a business! “With God’s Help We Will Do Mighty Things!”

What about this verse as a motto for my house and maybe even for your house?

How about for our church?

How big is our God?

On Sunday mornings when I see all of the young people that make up the majority of our congregation I really excited and I am filled with emotion.

Even though I am not the Senior Pastor of our church (that responsibility belongs to Pastor Bruce Moore and he is doing a great job!) as one of the pastors trying to lead these young people, my task and the challenge for all of us pastors is to help these young people grab hold of and run with this great promise found in Psalm 60:12!

Maybe you are one of those “young people” that make me so proud with the way that you are growing in Christ! Would you put this verse on your refrigerator or maybe even better than that would you memorize it and guard it in your heart?

Now for all of us that are not so young anymore this verse is also still true for us too! God is not finished with us yet.




Application

With God’s help I will do mighty things! How about you? 


Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me quit. Don’t let me pull myself out of the race. Excuses are just that they are excuses. Don’t let me use any excuse for not serving You. I claim and hold onto Your Word this morning that says that “With Your Help We Will Do Mighty Things” and that “We” includes “Me”. 


For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. Philippians 4:13


   

Daily Bible Reading:  Proverbs 28,29; Psalms 60; Romans 16



> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!




> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: