Saturday, June 11, 2016

Every Time I Think Of You, I Give Thanks To My God.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Every Time
I Think Of You,
I Give Thanks To My God.


Scripture

Philippians 1

Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.\
 
Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now.
 
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.


Observation

When I first starting putting my blog up on Facebook it was really just a way to hold myself accountable to read God’s Word everyday and have my quiet time. 

What it has turned into for me is an opportunity and a ministry for me to be able to pray for you.
Every time a person like you clicks “like” or makes a comment about what I have shared you can be sure that Eddy is going to take the time to pray for that person. 

I understand what the Apostle Paul says in verse 4, “Whenever I pray, I make requests for all of you with joy.” 

I never would have had this opportunity if God had not allowed the massive heart attack nearly 5 years ago and slowed me down. Now every morning I look forward to seeing who God has for me to pray for. 

I don’t write you every time I pray for you because I don’t want to drive you crazy, but you have my promise that everyday that I see your name you can be sure that you and your family are being lifted up by me in prayer. I appreciate how some of you have shared specific requests with me and that has helped me in praying for you.

Application

I look forward to praying for you. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, nothing brings You more honor than me spending time in prayer with You. It is a relationship with us that You created us for. Help me to talk to You about every detail of my life. Help me pray on behalf of those that You bring into my life. It is with great joy that I pray for those who read this simple blog. I gladly stand in the gap for them. Do a mighty work in each one of their lives today. Show them that they can completely trust in You. 

Daily Bible Reading:  Song of Solomon 5,6,7,8; Philippians 1




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: