Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Patiently Correct, Rebuke, And Encourage Your People With Good Teaching.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Patiently Correct,
Rebuke,
And Encourage Your People With Good Teaching.


Scripture

2 Timothy 4

Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching.

Observation

The Apostle Paul is now an old man. He knows that he will soon be put to death. He is writing to one of his favorites, his son in the faith, young Timothy. He exhorts Timothy to preach the word of God in every situation – good or bad! Then he says for Timothy to be patient with his people, “patiently” correcting them, rebuking them, and encouraging them with good teaching.

I don’t know about you, but sometimes I get frustrated and impatient with the people I know who are still being held captive to the old life, living like what God and a godly life offers is not enough.

To be honest I have a hard time being patient with them. I am impatient because I can see how God could use them for His Kingdom if they would just completely give their lives to Christ.

As long as they have one foot in the world and one foot in God’s Kingdom all they are doing is damaging the cause of Christ. 

So here is what I have been doing. I have been asking God to give me patience and I have been asking Him to help me with my attitude towards them. I am not God. God can do a work in their lives if I will just pray for them.

So if you happen to one of those people that have one foot in the world and trying to keep one foot in the Kingdom I want you to know that I am praying for you.

I am turning you over to my Heavenly Father and I am asking Him to do what only He can do! Can’t wait to see what happens!


Application

As a pastor, I will patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage the people that God brings into my life. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are the Shepherd and I am just one of your sheep. Sheep are helpless. They need a Shepherd. I pray today for those that may read this blog today that still are holding on to the old life. Set them free. Help them totally surrender there lives to You. Give them the strength and the courage to be men and women of God today. Set them free. I pray that they could live the rest of their lives totally surrendered to You bringing You much glory. Use them for Your Kingdom Lord. Only You can change their hearts. Only You can set them free!


Daily Bible Reading:  Amos 1,2,3; Psalms 80; 2 Timothy 4



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: