Friday, June 24, 2016

Godliness With Contentment Is Itself Great Wealth


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Godliness With Contentment
Is
Itself Great Wealth


Scripture

1 Timothy 6

Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth.
 
After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it.
 
So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.

Observation

Always wanting more, always wanting something bigger, better, shinier, or newer isn’t that the American way life?

 Don’t deny yourself! You deserve it! 

Your family deserves it! 

At least that is what the advertisers pound into us day after day after day! 

But you know and I know that stuff no matter how much we accumulate it is not satisfy the deepest needs of our hearts! 

It actually seems to work just the opposite - the more I have the more I seem to want. So do our families have enough food and clothes for today? 

If the answer is “Yes” then God’s message through the Apostle Paul to us today is this – Be Content!

Application

I will be grateful for all that God has provided Kathy and I. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I think that what You are reminding me this morning is that my bucket list should not be full of stuff that cost lots of money. I know that my days left on this planet need to be focused on Kingdom stuff – people, relationships, not on myself and for sure not on “stuff”. Help me to keep my eyes off anything that causes me to lust, crave, and/or desire things that take my eyes off the really important stuff in life – the people around me! Thank You for blessing me with so much. I know that I am rich. Now just help me to stay content. 


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Kings 11,12; 2 Chronicles 24; 1 Timothy 6




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: