Thursday, June 23, 2016

I Was Glad When They Said To Me, Let Us Go To The House Of The LORD.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Was Glad When They Said To Me,
Let Us
Go To The House Of The LORD.




Scripture

Psalm 122

I was glad when they said to me,
    “Let us go to the house of the Lord.”


Observation

Do we go to church most Sundays? Why do we do that?

Is there anything wrong with attending just once every month or once every 5 or 6 weeks or just every once in awhile?

Why is regular church attendance so important anyway?

Here is why; our church attendance is a reflection of your relationship with your Heavenly Father.

Can you pick up the attitude of the Psalmist in Psalm 122:1? He couldn’t wait until he the chance to be back in the house of the Lord.

It is all about the health of our relationship with your Father in Heaven.

Kathy and I are in love. We have been in love for over 47 years. I would rather be with her than any other person on the planet. And I would rather be in church on Sundays worshiping my Savior with the body of Christ – (His church) than doing anything else. 

I love fishing, but not on Sunday when there is a chance to be at church. I love going to Disney, Busch Gardens and a million other places, but I don’t love those places more than being with God’s people and having a chance to worship our Savior with them.

Why?

Here is why, I know that me worshiping on Sunday morning with my fellow believers is what pleases my Heavenly Father. It is all about attitude and whom do I want to please the most – my Heavenly Father or myself!


Application

I look forward to this Sunday. It is Thursday but Sunday is coming!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for what You are doing in the lives of the people close to me. Thank You for working in the lives of the men that You have put in my circle of influence. Help them to be mighty men of God. Give them the boldness and the courage to make huge commitments to You. Work mightily through them. Help them in their marriages and relationships. Help them to be good Fathers and especially help them to know how to love the mothers of their children. Bless anyone who may read this blog today. Help them with their attitude, especially if they have been missing church without understanding that inconsistency is a reflection of their relationship with You.


Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 10; 2 Chronicles 22,23; 1 Timothy 5; Psalm 22, Psalm 122



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: