Saturday, April 28, 2018

For From The Heart Come Evil Thoughts, Murder, Adultery, All Sexual Immorality, Theft, Lying, And Slander.


For From The Heart
Come Evil Thoughts, Murder, Adultery, All Sexual Immorality,
Theft, Lying, And Slander.
Scripture
Matthew 15
19 For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander. 
Observation
Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” Proverbs 4:23
Garbage in … garbage out!
Taking care of my spiritual heart is even more important than taking care of my physical heart, but if I am not careful I will tend to neglect both of them.
For those who are not followers of Jesus Christ Matthew 15:19 is a picture of their spiritual condition and nothing that they do should surprise us!
But we are warned to guard our hearts and from our lives should flow something totally different if we are committed followers of Jesus Christ. From our hearts should flow: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
So it is time for a heart check up! Lets review what has been flowing from our hearts! Maybe we need a new heart ... a heart transplant. Maybe some major heart surgery is in order.
Remember this verse and lets be on our guard - “The heart is the most deceitful thing there is and desperately wicked. No one can really know how bad it is!” Jeremiah 17:9
Application
I will guard my heart today. I will ask the Lord to show me anything that shouldn't be there. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, it is way too easy to neglect both my physical heart and my spiritual heart. Don't let me do either one. I know the dangers of neglecting both. Show me anything in my life that needs to go and help me to confess those things to You. Give me a clean heart Lord. I want to be able to be used by You. I want to walk in a close relationship with You. Don't let me do stupid sins, sins that would come between us.
I pray for anyone reading this blog who has allowed themselves to be caught in sin. Give them the strength and the courage to confess the sin and to get back in a close relationship with You.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 3; 1 Chronicles 12; Matthew 15 … I added Psalm 28, Psalm 58; Proverbs 28



No comments: