Thursday, April 19, 2018

Seek The Kingdom Of God Above All Else, And Live Righteously, And He Will Give You Everything You Need.


Seek The Kingdom Of God Above All Else,
And Live Righteously,
And He Will Give You Everything You Need.
Scripture
Matthew 6
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?
26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’
33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
Observation
If you are going to memorize any verse in the Bible to add to the verses that you might already know then I would suggest memorizing Matthew 6:33 and putting it into practice.
Here's why: When you and I put God first in our lives, when He is our #1 priority, then He promises to take care of everything that we need in this life. Is that a huge promise or what!
People come to Mission Tampa's food pantry for help because they do not have enough food and as I counsel and talk with them I almost always share with them this wonderful promise!
If you are struggling in your marriage or with a relationship, or with finances and you came to me for advice, one of the first things I would share with you is Matthew 6:33.
Life only works right if we do life the way that God designed it to work and that is always making sure that God has first place in our hearts!
How do we put God first? We pray and surrender our lives to Him. If you have never surrendered your life to the Lord Jesus Christ, then do that right now.
If you know that you are a child of God but you have allowed other things to take God's number One spot in your heart then confess that right now to the Lord and ask Him to retake the number One spot in your life again.
And yes, get back (or start for the first time) going to church. Church attendance doesn't save us but it helps us keep God where He should be ... in that #1 spot!
Application
I will make sure that God is in the #1 place in my life. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You are a jealous God. You created me. Everything that I have comes from You. And You want the #1 place in my life. Lord, make sure that I keep You in that spot. Don't let me allow anything to take Your place. I want You to always be number One and Kathy to always be in the number 2 place in my heart!
Give anyone reading this blog today the courage and boldness to pray and yield their lives to You. Bless them Lord as they make You #1!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 22; Psalm 17; Psalm 35; Matthew 6



No comments: