Wednesday, April 11, 2018

I Will Surely Not Stop Praying For You, Because That Would Be Sinning Against The Lord. I Will Teach You What Is Good And Right.


I Will Surely Not Stop Praying For You,
Because That Would Be Sinning Against The Lord.
I Will Teach You What Is Good And Right.
Scripture
1 Samuel 12
23 I will surely not stop praying for you, because that would be sinning against the Lord. I will teach you what is good and right.
Observation
Samuel has now been replaced by King Saul as the leader of Israel and Samuel in chapter 12 of 1 Samuel is reminding the people that they had better stay faithful to God or God would wipe them and their new king out.
But he also reminded them that he would not stop praying for them even though he was no longer responsible to lead them.
Prayer … it is not something to be tacked on to the end of our day. (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
Prayer … it is not supposed to be all about us.
You and I have been given a huge task. It is the most important task. It is how the Kingdom of God operates … better said, it is how you and I function in the Kingdom of God. God wants, no, God commands that you and I pray for one another.
Think about that … nothing that you and I have been asked to do is more important than our job of interceding for someone else.
I always knew all of that in my head, but 6 ½ years ago after experiencing a massive heart attack, going through 14 hours of surgery, a month in the hospital, having probably several thousand people praying for me (maybe you were one of them) … what I knew in my head went to my (spiritual) heart!
We do not have any task more important than praying for people.
.......................................
I Timothy 2
1 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers,intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— .
Colossians 4:12
Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer foryou, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured.
Romans 15:30
I urge you, brothers and sisters, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me.
2 Corinthians 1
11 as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.
Ephesians 1
15 For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, 16 I have not stopped giving thanks for you,remembering you in my prayers.
Application
I will not stop praying for you! How about you ... would you please keep praying for us?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, as I look back on the past 6 ½ years I understand, at least a little bit, why You let me have the heart attack and live with a damaged heart. It has caused me to slow down and focus more on what is most important. Thank You for showing me how important it is to intercede for those who You bring into my life. “I will surely not stop praying for them, because that would be sinning against You - Lord.”
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 11,12; 1 Chronicles 1; 2 Corinthians 11



No comments: