Sunday, April 08, 2018

I Want You To Excel In This Gracious Act Of Giving


I Want
You To Excel
In This Gracious Act Of Giving
Scripture
2 Corinthians 8
7 b—I want you to excel also in this gracious act of giving.
9 You know the generous grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that by his poverty he could make you rich.
Luke 9
58 But Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens to live in, and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place even to lay his head.”
Observation

Generosity … when we give sacrificially that is when we are most like our Heavenly Father!
God left Heaven with all of its riches and came down and dwelt among men as Jesus Christ. He didn't live in a mansion while He was here on earth, though He was rich He became poor for our sake.
He gave up everything so that You and I could have Eternal life.
Our giving needs to be measured not by the amount of our gift but by the sacrifice we are making to give the gift. The widow only gave two mites, two small coins but her gift was valued by God as way more than all of the others.
So lets be generous!
Application
I want to excel in the gracious act of giving. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You know everything about me. You know down to the penny everything that I have. Don't let me be stingy. I know that You will bless me when I am generous. I know that I can never out give You. Here are two of Your promises that I will hold on to: Luke 6:38Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.” Malachi 3:10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!”
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 3,4,5; Psalm 77; 2 Corinthians 8



No comments: