Wednesday, April 25, 2018

For Whatever Is In Your Heart Determines What You Say.


For Whatever
Is In Your Heart
Determines What You Say.
Scripture
Matthew 12
34 … For whatever is in your heart determines what you say. 
35 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. 
36 And I tell you this, you must give an account on judgment day for every idle word you speak. 
37 The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you.”
Observation
The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you.” Our words are so powerful!
Just listen to how we talk ... what words we say and how we say them reveals the condition of our heart. Don't kid yourself … he or she really meant what they said.
When you hear someone say, “I know he or she said that but they really didn't mean it” … baloney ... oh yes they did! Where do you think it came from? Those words came from his or her heart!
God's Word is full of instruction on just how powerful our words are!
We can use our words to build people up and encourage them or we can use our words to rip people up, shred them, hurt them and totally destroy them. It is all determined by what is in our hearts!
Listen carefully to how people talk. It is a reflection of what is in their heart.
And we need to listen carefully to what we say and how we say what we say because it also shows us what is in our heart.
Here are some of the best words that frequently need to come out of your mouth and out of my mouth: “I love you ... I am sorry ... Will you forgive me.”
Proverbs 4:23
23 Above all else, guard your heart,
    for everything you do flows from it.
Proverbs 12:18
18 Careless words stab like a sword,
    but wise words bring healing.
Psalm 19:14
I hope my words and thoughts please you. Lord, you are my Rock, the one who saves me.
Proverbs 15:4
As a tree gives fruit, healing words give life, but dishonest words crush the spirit.
Proverbs 22:11
Whoever loves pure thoughts and kind words will have even the king as a friend.
Application
I will listen to the words that are coming out of my mouth – How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to You. Don't let me say unkind and hurtful things to people. I know that when I use careless words, they stab like a sword, so help me to use wise words that bring healing. Show me when I have allowed my heart to be messed up by sin. Let me know so that I can confess that sin and walk in a close relationship with You.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 30,31; 1 Chronicles 10; Matthew 12



No comments: