Friday, April 20, 2018

Do To Others Whatever You Would Like Them To Do To You.


Do To Others
Whatever
You Would Like Them To Do To You.
Scripture
Matthew 7
12 “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.
Observation
Our problem “Numero Uno” is this: You and I are selfish. Yes, we are!
The fights, fusses, and arguments that you and I get into the with people around us is because of selfishness!
It is down right amazing how Kathy responds to me when I go out of my way to do nice things for her. My problem (since I am so selfish) is that I don't remember to put the Matthew 7:12 principle into practice 24/7!
If only I always had a servant's heart with Kathy … wow … what would life be like then! We do have a great marriage, but it would even be better if I always practiced Matthew 7:12!
And I think that you are probably the same way!
Self” always messes up our relationships! We want to be served. We don't like to be servants. Kingdom of God living demands that we serve … not be served.
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45
Lets look for ways that we can serve our spouse today!
Application
I will go out of my way to serve Kathy today. How about you? Will you have a servant heart today?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to love and serve Kathy as I would have her love and care for me. I know that I am selfish and I like to be served and pampered. At the same time I also know that the Kingdom of God is all about serving others and not being served. Show me when I am too wrapped up and consumed with my own needs and with my own wants rather than looking out for the needs of others.
I pray for those who are sick and for those recovering from surgery. I pray for my sister Bea and her husband Norm as Bea recovers from neck surgery. Give them strength and quick healing.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 23; Psalm 31; Psalm 54; Matthew 7



No comments: