Saturday, April 07, 2018

Now I Am Glad I Sent It, Not Because It Hurt You, But Because The Pain Caused You To Repent And Change Your Ways.


Now I Am Glad I Sent It,
Not Because It Hurt You,
But Because The Pain Caused You To Repent And Change Your Ways.
Scripture
2 Corinthians 7
8 I am not sorry that I sent that severe letter to you, though I was sorry at first, for I know it was painful to you for a little while. 
9 Now I am glad I sent it, not because it hurt you, but because the pain caused you to repent and change your ways. It was the kind of sorrow God wants his people to have, so you were not harmed by us in any way.
10 For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death.
Observation
Maybe you have never spoke to someone about something that they were doing wrong and had them get mad at you. Instead of repenting and changing their ways they got mad and attacked you. I have!
Then I have had other people when I have gone to them and showed them that what they were doing was wrong actually repent and change their ways and then they thanked me for helping them.
If I get caught up in some kind of sin, I want you to come to me and confront me and let me know that what I am dong is wrong. I give you permission to hold me accountable …
Who holds you accountable? Who helps you live your Christian life in a way that brings glory to God?
Give somebody permission to hold you accountable. Do it today!
Application
I will continue to try to help people regardless of whether they accept or reject my help. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me the boldness of the Apostle Paul. Give me his heart for people too! I want to be Your hands and Your feet while I am here on planet Earth. Show me who to help. Show me how to help them. Don't let me focus only on myself. I pray for people that are caught up in sin. Show them that what they are doing is wrong. I pray that they repent and change their ways. I want to see them live godly lives in a close relationship to You. I want You to be able to bless them. Soften their hearts Lord and help them to repent.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 1,2; Psalms 66; 2 Corinthians 7



No comments: