Friday, April 06, 2018

But A Man Who Commits Adultery Has No Sense;


But A Man Who
Commits Adultery
Has No Sense;
Scripture
Proverbs 6
32 But a man who commits adultery has no sense;
    whoever does so destroys himself.
33 Blows and disgrace are his lot,
    and his shame will never be wiped away.
Observation
Stupid is as Stupid does …
A man (or woman) who commits adultery has no sense. Whoever does so destroys himself!
I didn't say that … God did!
Can any warning in scripture be any plainer that this one? I don't think so. Satan wants you to commit adultery.
Why?
Because Satan wants to destroy you, your family and your ministry. Don't let him! Don't be stupid!
Set boundaries for yourself.
Establish guardrails and obey them … establish guardrails to keep you from becoming a casualty to one of Satan's biggest tricks, one of his best schemes … adultery!
Proverbs 6
25 Do not lust in your heart after her beauty
    or let her captivate you with her eyes.
26 For a prostitute can be had for a loaf of bread,
    but another man’s wife preys on your very life.
27 Can a man scoop fire into his lap
    without his clothes being burned?
28 Can a man walk on hot coals
    without his feet being scorched?
29 So is he who sleeps with another man’s wife;
    no one who touches her will go unpunished.
Application
I will guard my heart. I will try harder to help men and women see the danger of living life without guardrails. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know it breaks Your heart everytime a brother or sister in Christ steps over the line and commits adultery. You warn us over and over and over again that the consequences will be severe. I pray for those who are contemplating stepping over the line. Give them the wisdom and the strength to say no to the sin of adultery! Help them to stay pure. For those who have already stepped over the line, help them to confess it as sin and help them to repent of the sin before more damage is done. Help me to guard my heart.
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14
Daily Bible Reading: Ruth 3,4; Psalms 64,65; 2 Corinthians 6 … I added Psalm 6, Psalm 36; Proverbs 6



No comments: