Tuesday, April 17, 2018

People Do Not Live By Bread Alone, But By Every Word That Comes From The Mouth Of God.


People Do Not Live By Bread Alone,
But
By Every Word That Comes From The Mouth Of God.
Scripture
Matthew 4
1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted there by the devil. 2 For forty days and forty nights he fasted and became very hungry.
3 During that time the devil came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread.”
4 But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say,
People do not live by bread alone,
    but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
Observation

Too many of us Christians are way too dependent on the physical food that is available to us. If you are like me the stuff that I like to eat the most is the stuff that helps my body the least.

I don't know about you but fat seems to be attracted to me!

So Kathy and I are once again disciplining ourselves and watching carefully what goes into our bodies via our mouths.

God does want me to be F.A.T., but He does not want me to be fat! God wants me to be Faithful … Available … Teachable! And I think that He wants you to be “F.A.T.” too!

God wants us to load up on His Word so that we can withstand all the temptations that Satan brings our way. So while we wean ourselves off of all of the junk food that is prematurely killing us and that makes our clothes fit so tight lets devour the Word of God, the food that feeds our souls.

I just walked into the kitchen and told Kathy that I was writing my blog about “FAT” people and her reply was, “Eddy, do you think that is a wise thing to do!” If she reads my blog she will see what I was talking about!
Application
I will work on being more of a “F.A.T.” person with less fat. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to be more disciplined. Give me an even bigger desire to devour Your Word and help me to have less of a desire for junk food. Thank You for all of Your promises in Your Word. Thank You for speaking to me as I read my Bible every day. I pray for any one that may read my blog today. Give them a hunger for Your Word. Give them victory over the temptations that Satan brings their way. Help them to be strong men and women of God.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 19; 1 Chronicles 7; Psalm 59; Matthew 4



No comments: