Monday, April 09, 2018

Remember This: Whoever Sows Sparingly Will Also Reap Sparingly, And Whoever Sows Generously Will Also Reap Generously.


Remember This:
Whoever Sows Sparingly Will Also Reap Sparingly,
And Whoever Sows Generously Will Also Reap Generously.
Scripture
2 Corinthians 9
6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
Observation
The law of the harvest … you and I are reminded once again in scripture that whatever we sow will return to us in proportion to how we give it. 
A smart spouse is one that realizes that the more he or she loves their spouse and the more they express that love with acts of kindness that it is going to be returned to them … just like a boomerang! (And dishing out meanness, ugliness, hateful and hurtful words to our spouse almost always results in all of that bad stuff coming back at us ... and eventually ... results in a broken relationship!) 
Giving back to the Lord a portion of what He has already given to us is a no-brainer if we understand the law of the harvest. You and I cannot out give our God. 
Here is the law of the harvest expressed in Luke 6:38, “Give, and you will receive. You will be given much. Pressed down, shaken together, and running over, it will spill into your lap. The way you give to others is the way God will give to you.” Here it is again in Galatians 6:7 “Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant.” 
You and I cannot escape this law of the harvest! 
So lets think about what we are sowing in our relationships with the people around us and lets think about what we are sowing in our relationship with God.
Application
I will look for a way to go the second mile for Kathy today! How about you? How can you out give your spouse today?
Matthew 5:41 If a soldier demands that you carry his gear for a mile, carry it two miles.”
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You give us such great instructions for how we are to treat You and how we are to treat each other. I know that I can't out give You. I could never ever begin to repay You for all that You have done for me. I know that You want me to be generous in my giving. You love a cheerful giver. Help me to be generous. Don't let me be a stingy person. Show me that I can always give and not worry about what I have left. You have given me all spiritual blessings. I have everything that I need.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 6,7; Psalm 72; 2 Corinthians 9



No comments: