Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Remember, Our Message Is Not About Ourselves; We're Proclaiming Jesus Christ, The Master. All We Are Is Messengers, Errand Runners From Jesus For You.


Remember, Our Message Is Not About Ourselves;
We're Proclaiming Jesus Christ, The Master.
All We Are Is Messengers, Errand Runners From Jesus For You.
Scripture
2 Corinthians 4
5-6 Remember, our Message is not about ourselves; we’re proclaiming Jesus Christ, the Master. All we are is messengers, errand runners from Jesus for you. It started when God said, “Light up the darkness!” and our lives filled up with light as we saw and understood God in the face of Christ, all bright and beautiful.
Observation
I invited someone to our Easter service a week before Easter. She was going to be out of town and was not going to be able to attend. I have invited her for several years and so far she hasn't made it to our church … but one day she will!
You and I, if we are followers of Jesus Christ, are His errand runners. We are His messengers! Life is not about us! It is about Jesus Christ!
I hope that you take a couple of minutes and read 2 Corinthians 4 today.
The Apostle Paul describes his life and what he is going through from God's perspective. It is how you and I need to view our lives.
We need to realize that what ever we are going through is “small potatoes” compared to what God has prepared for us in the future!
Let me suggest you read 2 Corinthians 4 also in the MESSAGE paraphrase if you can!
Application
I will never give up! How about you?
2 Corinthians 4
16 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. 17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me chapters like 2 Corinthians 4 to encourage me. I know that this is how I am supposed to look at life. I must see things from Your perspective not from mine! I am reminded this morning that You are constantly at work in the lives of those I am praying for. You are the only One who can change their hearts and change the direction of their lives … only You. I am just a messenger. Open up the spiritual eyes of anyone reading this blog so that they can see all of the wonderful things that You have in store for them if they will just put You first!
Daily Bible Reading: Judges 19,20,21; 2 Corinthians 4



No comments: