Thursday, April 12, 2018

Each Time He Said, “My Grace Is All You Need. My Power Works Best In Weakness.”


Each Time He Said,
My Grace Is All You Need.
My Power Works Best In Weakness.”
Scripture
2 Corinthians 12
7 even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.
8 Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. 
9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.”
Observation
God did some wonderful miraculous things in and through the life of the Apostle Paul. It would have been real easy for the Apostle Paul to think that he was really something; easily Paul could have thought that he was God's special gift to those around him, but God gave him a thorn in his flesh to keep him humble.
It was some physical ailment to keep him humble and to keep him dependent on God's strength.
I also live with a thorn in my flesh and maybe you do too. For me not a day goes by that I don't realize and feel the discomfort and weakness of that thorn. It is a reminder to me, just like it was in the life of the Apostle Paul, and maybe like it is in your life too, that God's grace is all that I need. God's power works best in weakness.”
My damaged heart is my thorn in the flesh. It keeps me very dependent on the Lord and His strength.
So what are you struggling with?
Why not look at that thorn from God's point of view, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.”
Application
I will look at the thorn in my flesh from God's perspective. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that this tent that you gave me to live in while I am here on this earth is not going to last forever. It is already pretty worn out! Thank You for showing me that You are enough and that Your grace is all I need and that Your power works best in weakness. So when I am weak then You are strong. Help me not to complain about my limitations. Just show me what I am still able to do for You. Help me to finish well. I pray for others who are way sicker than I am. Give them strength Lord. Heal their bodies. Show them Your power. Use them for Your glory. Help them to be Your witnesses to all of those around them!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 13; 1 Chronicles 2,3; 2 Corinthians 12



No comments: