Saturday, April 14, 2018

The Lord Doesn't See Things The Way You See Them. People Judge By Outward Appearance, But The Lord Looks At The Heart.


The Lord Doesn't See Things The Way You See Them.
People Judge By Outward Appearance,
But The Lord Looks At The Heart.
Scripture
1 Samuel 16
7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lordlooks at the heart.”
Observation
God has sent Samuel to anoint the next king of Israel to replace King Saul.
God tells Samuel to go the house of a man named Jesse and God says that He has selected one of Jesse's sons to be the next king. Samuel looks at the first son Eliab and thinks, “this must be the guy”, but the Lord says “no”. Every son in the house gets turned down by the Lord, and Samuel asked Eliab, Are these all the sons you have?” “There is still the youngest,” Jesse replied. But he’s out in the fields watching the sheep and goats.”
David's dad Jesse did not see the potential in his son David, but God sure did!
There is a lesson in this story for me. Maybe for you too. I need to invest my life into the people that God brings my way because I am not God and I can never see the full potential of the person in front of me.
During my lifetime I have been totally surprised how God has radically transformed the lives of some of the people that I thought had very little potential. They are now some of God's best. And I have also been deeply saddened and I have had my heart broken and shattered over the years by the moral failure of some of the ones that I thought had the brightest future and had the most potential.
The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
Guard your heart above all else,  for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
Application
I will continue to invest my life into the men and the couples that God brings my way. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, give me Your eyes so that I can see what You see. Give me Your heart so I can feel what You feel. Help me to concentrate on those around me and not focus on myself. I pray especially for the men and women at our church. Help them to grow and be all that You have meant for them to be. Don't let them get sidetracked by some stupid sin. Help them to live pure and holy lives so they can be used by You. Don't ever let me give up on anyone no matter had bad the sin, no matter how bad they have messed up. I am a sinner too, saved by grace.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 15,16; 1 Chronicles 5; Matthew 1



No comments: