Thursday, May 16, 2019

Always Be Joyful.


Always
Be 
Joyful.
Scripture
1 Thessalonians 5
16 Always be joyful. 
17 Never stop praying. 
18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
Observation

How can you and I “always” be joyful? Notice I didn't ask, “How can you and I 'always' be happy”. Happiness is so fickle, it comes and it goes.
The least little thing can cause me to be unhappy, for example, an unkind word from Kathy (not saying she would ever do that), a bill from a doctor's office, a flat tire, a hangnail, a stubbed little toe, or rain when you were planning a picnic, etc..
But what about “joy”? Being filled with joy is something totally different than being very happy!
Our pastors spoke on “Joy” this past Sunday and one of the points that Pastor Bruce and Pastor Brian made was this: Our level of joy is directly related to our level of obedience to Jesus.
And I say, “Amen … so true!”
Always be joyful! Never stop praying! Be thankful in all circumstances!
Application
I will be joyful. I will never stop praying. I will be thankful in all circumstances!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that the level of my joy is in direct proportion to my obedience to You. Help me walk close to You. Don't let me lose my joy by doing stupid sins that mess up our relationship.
I pray for people who are feeling down today. Help them to look up and rely on You. Meet the deep needs of their life. Show them that they can trust and depend on You for everything that is happening in their life.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 1; 1 Chronicles 28; Psalms 91; 1 Thessalonians 5



No comments: