Monday, May 20, 2019

When We Get Together, I Want To Encourage You In Your Faith, But I Also Want To Be Encouraged By Yours.


When We Get Together, I Want To Encourage You
In Your Faith,
But I Also Want To Be Encouraged By Yours.
Scripture
Romans 1
12 When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours.
Observation

Encouragement is a two-way street. All of us need the encouragement of someone else and they also need our encouragement. Today is Monday. Maybe you need a little encouragement this morning or maybe you know someone who does.
It is always my hope when I am talking to a patient in the hospital that my presence and my words are an encouragement to them. There are times after leaving a patient's room that I realize that the patient has somehow encouraged me with what he or she has said!
Yes, encouragement is definitely a two-way street!
Who comes to your mind that needs a phone call, or a visit? Maybe writing an email, a text, or sending someone a note the old fashion way … via snail mail. There is something about getting a card in the mail that you can open up and read. A stamp is a small price to pay to make someone's day.
Let's look for someone to encourage today!
1 Thessalonians 5:11
So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.
Application
I will look for someone to encourage today.
How about you?
Proverbs 17:22
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, it is so easy to get discouraged, but I also know it is easy to be an encouragement to someone who is feeling low.
Help me today to encourage someone. Show me who needs an extra minute of my time.
I pray for the people who I will talk to at Mission Tampa today. Help me to be an encouragement to them.
I pray for the person reading this blog who is having a hard time. Encourage them, Lord. Help them to think of someone that needs their help. Put someone on their heart that needs to be encouraged. Helping someone else will do wonders for their spirit. Give them hope today. Give them energy.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 6; 2 Chronicles 3; Psalms 97; Romans 1



No comments: