Wednesday, May 08, 2019

When You Did It To One Of The Least Of These My Brothers And Sisters, You Were Doing It To Me.


When You Did It To One Of The
Least Of These My Brothers And Sisters,
You Were Doing It To Me.
Scripture
Matthew 25
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. 

35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’

37 “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? 39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’
40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’
Observation
What we do matters to God! How we live our life, how we serve those around us, oh yes, it really does matter to our Heavenly Father.
I don't know who I will see today, but I know that God has put them in my path, and He is watching to see if I am going to love and value them as He does.
The way to serve God is to serve the people that He brings into my life.
So I guess in a way every day is a test for me.
Okay, let's see how I do today!
Application
I will look at every conversation I have today with people at the hospital as a 'Divine appointment'.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to see the value and worth of every person today as I visit with them at the hospital. I pray for the right words to say as I talk to them. Help them to see Jesus in me.
I pray for any person who may be reading this blog today. Help them to serve You with all of their heart. Help them to stay away from stupid sins that would mess up their walk with You. Help me to do the same.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 15,16; Psalms 32; Matthew 25



No comments: