Sunday, May 12, 2019

God Loves You And Has Chosen You To Be His Own People.


God Loves You
And
Has Chosen You To Be His Own People.
Scripture
1 Thessalonians 1
4 We know, dear brothers and sisters, that God loves you and has chosen you to be his own people.
Observation
If you are a follower of Jesus Christ, then you and I are pretty special! We have been chosen by God to be his people!
And, oh yes, you and I having been chosen by God has nothing to do with any accomplishments that we may have done. You and I are sinners. We both deserve to go to Hell.
But … because we have placed our faith and trust in what Jesus did for us on the cross and we have surrendered our lives to Him, we have the privilege of being children of God.
We have been blood-bought. We have been purchased with the precious blood of Jesus Christ. Let's act like God's chosen people.
Getting ourselves to church today to worship Him - should be part of this special Mother's Day!
Application
I will strive to live this day in a way that makes my Heavenly Father smile!
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for saving me. I know that I didn't do anything to deserve it. I know that it is a privilege that comes with responsibility. I know that I am not supposed to keep how I got saved a secret. I know that I am saved for a reason. I know that I am to tell others how they can be saved. Give me the opportunity to tell someone about Jesus today.
I pray for all the Moms today. Bless them. I pray for all women today who may read this blog. Bless them, Lord. Bless them today whether they are Mom's or not. Encourage them today!
I pray for those who are grieving because they have lost their Mom. Comfort them today!
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 21,22,23; 1 Thessalonians 1



No comments: