Thursday, May 30, 2019

Opening Your Mouth Can Ruin Everything.


Opening
Your Mouth
Can Ruin Everything.
Scripture
Proverbs 13
3 Those who control their tongue will have a long life;
    opening your mouth can ruin everything.
Observation

Yep! Opening your mouth can ruin everything! I know if you are married, or if you are in a relationship you can identify with this verse.
If we had just kept our mouth shut … but we didn't.
We can plan a special night out with our spouse, everything can be going perfectly, and then we ruin it all by saying something, something stupid, something hurtful, and it messes up the whole night.
Yes, opening my mouth and saying the wrong thing can ruin everything!
Proverbs 12:18
Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing. (NCV)
Proverbs 16:24
Kind words are like honey— sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
Proverbs 17:27
A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even-tempered.
Proverbs 21:23
Watch your tongue and keep your mouth shut, and you will stay out of trouble.
Application
I will do my best to keep my mouth shut. Watch what I say and how I say it. And I will ask the Lord to help me to guard my tongue.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me keep my mouth shut so I can stay out of trouble. “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.” (Psalm 19:14)
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 13,14,15; Romans 11



No comments: