Sunday, May 26, 2019

I Have Discovered This Principle Of Life – That When I Want To Do What Is Right, I Inevitably Do What Is Wrong.


I Have Discovered This Principle Of Life –
That When I Want To Do What Is Right,
I Inevitably Do What Is Wrong.
Scripture
Romans 7
21 I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. 
22 I love God’s law with all my heart. 
23 But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. 
24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? 
25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.
Observation
Do you struggle with sin? If you say “no” then I say you are a liar or you are probably not a follower of Jesus Christ. If the Apostle Paul struggled with sin then I am pretty sure, if we are honest, that you and I struggle with sin too!
Why do couples have fights? It is because two sinners are trying to live together under the same roof!
I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?
These are the three phrases we must use when we sin against God and they are the three phrases we better learn to use often with our partner.
How many times a day do we say, “I love you”? God needs to hear it from us often and so does our partner.
Application
I will let God and Kathy know how much I love them. And I will let them know often.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to quickly confess my sins to You when I sin. Help me to quickly get things right with Kathy when we fuss with each other. Don't let my pride get in the way of me saying to her, “I am sorry. Will you forgive me? I love you!”
I pray for my friends who have lost loved ones. I pray that You comfort them. I pray for those who are sick. I pray for healing.
I pray for my pastors today as they preach. Use them in a powerful way to speak to us.
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 1,2,3; Romans 7



No comments: