Tuesday, May 14, 2019

And May The Lord Make Your Love For One Another And For All People Grow And Overflow, Just As Our Love For You Overflows.


And May The Lord Make Your Love For One Another
And For All People Grow And Overflow,
Just As Our Love For You Overflows.
Scripture
1 Thessalonians 3
12 And may the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow, just as our love for you overflows. 
13 May he, as a result, make your hearts strong, blameless, and holy as you stand before God our Father when our Lord Jesus comes again with all his holy people. Amen.
Observation
If you are reading this blog right now – these verses that I have borrowed from the Apostle Paul, they are my prayer for you:
May the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow. May he, as a result, make your hearts strong, blameless, and holy ...” 1 Thessalonians 3:12-13
I think I will also add this prayer for you too, again from Paul, a prayer that he prayed for those in the church at Ephesus:
Ever since I first heard of your strong faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for God’s people everywhere, I have not stopped thanking God for you.
I pray for you constantly, asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.
I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.
I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms.” Ephesians 1:15-20
Application
I will ask big when I am praying for people.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to ask big when I pray for the people that You put on my heart. I know that I serve a big God. Nothing is too hard for You.

I pray for those who are sick and for those recovering from surgery. I pray for healing. Show them that they can trust in You. May they sense Your presence and Your power. Use what they are going through to draw them closer to You.

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Chronicles 22,23,24; 1 Thessalonians 3



No comments: