Friday, May 10, 2019


This
I Know:
God Is On My Side!
Fear! As I read my Bible every morning it seems like God is constantly reminding me, “Eddy, do not fear! Do not be afraid! I've got this!”
Scripture
Psalm 56
9 My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help.
    This I know: God is on my side!

10 I praise God for what he has promised;
    yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.

11 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
    What can mere mortals do to me?
Observation
Fear! As I read my Bible every morning it seems like God is constantly reminding me, “Eddy, do not fear! I've got this!”
The Bible is full of verses letting us know that if our trust is in the Lord, we do not have to be afraid. The reason I believe that God repeats this over and over and over again in His Word is that every day that He allows us to wake up He also allows us to face new challenges.
These new challenges, I believe, help us grow in our faith.
If you listen to the Joy FM or some other Contemporary radio station who will hear this song, “Fear – Is a Liar” by Zach Williams. Maybe you need a reminder this morning: God is on your side!
Psalm 118:5-7
5 In my distress I prayed to the Lord,
    and the Lord answered me and set me free.
6 The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear.
    What can mere people do to me?
7 Yes, the Lord is for me; he will help me.
    I will look in triumph at those who hate me.
Application
I will trust in the Lord. I will not be afraid.
How about you?
Psalm 23:4
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
Psalm 56:3
But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you.
Matthew 10:31
So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know one of the reasons that I need to read Your Word every day is so that You can remind me that You are on my side. I have no reason to be afraid.
I pray for those who are going through a difficult time right now. Help them to trust in You and help them to not be afraid. Use Your Word to encourage them. Give them the strength to face whatever they are dealing with today. Help them, Lord.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 18; Psalms 56; Matthew 27
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



No comments: