Friday, May 24, 2019

We Also Glory In Our Suffering, Because We Know That Suffering Produces Perseverance


We Also Glory In Our Suffering,
Because
We Know That Suffering Produces Perseverance
Scripture
Romans 5
3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 
4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 
5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
Observation
I met an amazing guy recently while I was making visits at the hospital. He described himself as a dwarf. He was 4'2'' in height. During our conversation, he shared that by 14 years of age he had already broken over 100 bones in his body. He has a condition that causes his bones to be brittle and they are always breaking!
He was in the hospital this time because of a kidney stone, but the doctors had to correct a breathing problem before they could do the procedure to blast the kidney stone.
This man's outlook on his life, in spite of all his health problems, was extraordinary. He told me, “I believe that God has put me here to show people that if I can make it then they can surely make it.” He went on to say, “People say, 'Why me?', and I say, 'Why not me!”.
I was amazed at this man's faith! At the end of my visit, we prayed together. I prayed for him and he prayed for me! It was such an incredible visit that I even got another chaplain to come to his room to meet him.
Suffering had certainly produced perseverance, character, and hope in this man's life!
Are you going through a time of suffering right now? I hope that it is producing perseverance, character, and hope in you!
Application
I will try hard not to complain about my daily aches and pains. I know that God is at work in me!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for my friend that I met at the hospital. I pray that the doctors can take care of the breathing issue, do the procedure to blast the kidney stone and then let him get back home. Use him at the hospital, Lord, to encourage every person that he talks to. He is Your servant. He has amazing faith.
I pray for any person reading this blog that may be struggling with a health issue. Give them strength. Use the suffering that they are going through to produce perseverance, character, and hope!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 9; 2 Chronicles 8; Psalms 136; Romans 5



No comments: