Tuesday, May 28, 2019

I Am Placing A Stone In Jerusalem That Makes People Stumble


I Am
Placing A Stone In Jerusalem
That Makes People Stumble
Scripture
Romans 9
33 God warned them of this in the Scriptures when he said,
I am placing a stone in Jerusalem that makes people stumble,
    a rock that makes them fall.
But anyone who trusts in him
    will never be disgraced.”
Observation
Over the past several months I have been I been asked several times about people of different religions whether they worship the same God as I do.
If you are a Hindu, a Buddhist, or a Muslim is the God that you worship the same as the God that I worship? What do you think?
My personal view or opinion is 'no', my God is not the same as their god.
My God left Heaven and came down to this earth. He allowed Himself to be born as a Man, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was 100 % human and 100% God. Jesus Christ, God Himself, lived on this earth for 33 years without sinning one time. Then He allowed Himself to be arrested and crucified for my sins and for your sins on a cross. He was buried and on the third day, He came back to life. He is alive today. And one day Jesus will return to earth and He will take all of His followers to Heaven to be with Him forever.
If your God did that for you then His name is Jesus! If you reject Jesus as Your God then He will be the Rock that makes you stumble and fall. There is only One God, and His name is Jesus.
Acts 4:12
There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.”
1 Corinthians 1:23
but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,
John 5:24
24 Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
Application

I will treat people of different religions with respect, but I will always be ready to tell them about Jesus.
How about you? Is He the Rock of your salvation, or is He a stumbling block to you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be ready to share with people, no matter what religious background they may have. Give me the chance to talk to them about Jesus. Open doors for me to share and make me aware of the opportunity when You provide one. Don't let me miss it. I know that You are always at work in the lives of the people around me. Let me be a part of someone coming to know Jesus in a personal way.
I pray for those who are grieving today. Give them strength.
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 7,8,9; Romans 9



No comments: