Saturday, May 11, 2019

Give Your Burdens To The Lord And He Will Take Care Of You.


Give Your Burdens To The Lord
And
He Will Take Care Of You.
Scripture
Psalm 55
16 But I will call on God,
    and the Lord will rescue me.
17 Morning, noon, and night
    I cry out in my distress,
    and the Lord hears my voice.
18 He ransoms me and keeps me safe
    from the battle waged against me,
    though many still oppose me.
22 Give your burdens to the Lord,
    and he will take care of you.
    He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
Observation
Ever wake up and feel like you have been run over by a Mac truck? It is the way I feel at the moment! I think that is how King David must have felt when he wrote Psalm 55!
We might only think of King David as the heroic giant killer, but he had some real enemies later in life and he had plenty of things that caused him pain.
Psalm 55:22 is a great verse to memorize if you haven't already done so! King David knew who had his back. He knew that God was going to protect him and take care of him.
David's strength was his prayer life. It needs to be where we find our strength too.
Application
I will give my burdens to the Lord. He will take care of me.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for hearing my prayers. Thank You for always listening to me. I know that You are always ready to help me. Morning, noon, and night I cry out to You and I know that You hear my voice!
I pray for any person who may be reading this blog today. Help them to pray first. Help them to depend on You.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 19,20; Psalms 55; Matthew 28



No comments: