Wednesday, May 15, 2019

God's Will Is For You To Be Holy, So Stay Away From All Sexual Sin.


God's Will
Is For You To Be Holy,
So Stay Away From All Sexual Sin.
Scripture
1 Thessalonians 4
3 God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. 
4 Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor— 5 not in lustful passion like the pagans who do not know God and his ways. 
6 Never harm or cheat a fellow believer in this matter by violating his wife, for the Lord avenges all such sins, as we have solemnly warned you before. 
7 God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives.
8 Therefore, anyone who refuses to live by these rules is not disobeying human teaching but is rejecting God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you.
Observation
What do you think this verse and this passage means? Do we think God is serious? I do believe that there is a warning here for me and you. At least there is to me!
And if you are honest I think you would agree that this passage includes a warning for you too. So are we going to ignore it or are we going to put this passage into practice?
It comes with a huge warning in verse eight – so ignoring this warning and continuing to sin when God says that He avenges all such sins puts the guilty party in very dangerous territory.
Guardrails on the highway keep us from going over cliffs. They protect us from dangerous situations. You and I need to have guardrails for our lives and we need to pay attention to them.
1 Corinthians 6:18
Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body.
Application
I will maintain guardrails for my life.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to walk in purity. Don't let me do stupid sins. Guard my heart and my eyes. I remember what Job said in Job 31, I made a covenant with my eyes not to look with lust at a young woman ...” Give me the strength to maintain the guardrails in my life. Protect me from the evil one.
I pray for any person reading this blog today who is struggling with sexual sin. Give them victory, Lord. Don't let them make excuses or try to rationalize his or her sin. Help them to walk in purity.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Chronicles 25,26,27; 1 Thessalonians 4



No comments: