Wednesday, May 29, 2019

For “Everyone Who Calls On The Name Of The Lord Will Be Saved.”


For “Everyone
Who Calls On The Name Of The Lord
Will Be Saved.”
Scripture
Romans 10:9-10,13
9 If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 
10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. 
13 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Observation
Are you saved?
If you were to die today where would you spend eternity - Heaven or Hell?
Please notice that there is not a third option. There are just two. And also notice that I didn't say, “Where would you like to spend eternity?”
By the way, almost everybody I ask that question to almost always tells me that they are going to go to Heaven when they die. Only a few have told me that they were going to go to Hell! Sadly, most of the people that I ask think that they are going to go to Heaven because they do more good things than bad.
What would your answer be to that question?
Romans 10:9-10 &13 tells us that there is only 'One Way' for us to get into Heaven.
John 14:6
6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
It is not good people that go to Heaven and bad people that go to Hell. It is forgiven people that go to Heaven.
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.
Application
I openly declare that Jesus is Lord and I believe in my heart that God raised him from the dead.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for saving me. Thank You for sending someone to tell me about Jesus Christ. I know that my salvation does not depend on me. I know that I can't ever be good enough to deserve to go to Heaven. I know that I deserve to go to Hell. Jesus Christ has paid the penalty for my sins on the cross. I am forgiven. It is because of your grace and mercy that I am saved. It is not because of anything that I have done.
I pray for any person reading this blog today. Open his or her spiritual eyes so that they can put their faith and trust in You.
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 10,11,12; Romans 10

No comments: