Friday, May 03, 2019

Whoever Wants To Be First Among You Must Be Your Servant


Whoever Wants To Be First
Among You
Must Be Your Servant
Scripture
Matthew 20
20 Then the mother of James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to Jesus with her sons. She knelt respectfully to ask a favor. 
21 “What is your request?” he asked. She replied, “In your Kingdom, please let my two sons sit in places of honor next to you, one on your right and the other on your left.”
25 But Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. 
26 But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, 
27 and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave. 
28 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Observation
It doesn't matter how much formal education you and I have. It doesn't matter how many diplomas or awards we have on our wall. It doesn't really matter about all of our degrees - if we don't serve the people around us - then we have missed our calling!
How can you and I serve someone today?
Let's get the focus off of ourselves and on those around us!
Application
I will look for ways to serve today.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to keep my focus on what is most important to You. I know that I am called to minister and serve those around me. Give me Your Heart so that I can be Your hands and Your feet today. Give me a servant's heart.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 7; 1 Chronicles 17; Psalm 2; Matthew 20



No comments: