Monday, May 06, 2019

As He Looked Out Over The City, He Noticed A Woman Of Unusual Beauty Taking A Bath.



As He Looked Out Over The City,
He Noticed
A Woman Of Unusual Beauty Taking A Bath.
Scripture
2 Samuel 11
1 In the spring of the year, when kings normally go out to war, David ...
2 Late one afternoon, after his midday rest, David got out of bed and was walking on the roof of the palace. As he looked out over the city, he noticed a woman of unusual beauty taking a bath. 
3 He sent someone to find out who she was, and he was told, “She is Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite.” 
4 Then David sent messengers to get her; and when she came to the palace, he slept with her. She had just completed the purification rites after having her menstrual period. Then she returned home.
Observation
A midday stroll, a few minutes of idle time, a few moments of pleasure, brings pain, misery, and heartache to the life of King David and to his entire family. What is the lesson in this story for me and possibly for you?
King David's life was never the same after he sinned with Bathsheba. We know that David repented of this horrible sin and we know that he was forgiven. Psalm 51 in today's Bible reading reveals King David's, repentant heart.
Our sins, though they can be forgiven, have consequences that will possibly last a lifetime. I know that if I drive a nail into a piece of wood, I can easily remove the nail with a claw hammer, but the scar of where the nail was driven into the wood remains indefinitely. I know that it is the same with the consequences of my sin.
Application
I will stop doing something as soon as I am convicted that it is wrong. I won't try to justify it. I will confess it. I will ask God to forgive me.
How about you?
Psalm 51:4a
4 Against you, and you alone, have I sinned;
    I have done what is evil in your sight.
Psalm 119:9,11
How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word. 11 I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
Psalm 19
12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. 13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that King David's story is given to me so that I do not repeat the same sins that he did. I know that every story in Your Word is to help me in my walk with You. Keep me away from stupid sins. Sins that will damage my relationship with You and that will hurt my family. Help me to walk today in a way that makes You smile.
Help anyone that may read this simple blog today to do the same. Give them victory over any sin that is trying to ensnare them.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 11,12; Psalms 51; Matthew 23
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.





No comments: