Friday, May 17, 2019

In Flaming Fire, Bringing Judgment On Those Who Don't Know God And On Those Who Refuse To Obey The Good News Of Our Lord Jesus.


In Flaming Fire, Bringing Judgment On Those Who Don't Know God
And On Those Who Refuse
To Obey The Good News Of Our Lord Jesus.
Scripture
2 Thessalonians 1
7 And God will provide rest for you who are being persecuted and also for us when the Lord Jesus appears from heaven. He will come with his mighty angels, 
8 in flaming fire, bringing judgment on those who don’t know God and on those who refuse to obey the Good News of our Lord Jesus. 
9 They will be punished with eternal destruction, forever separated from the Lord and from his glorious power.

Observation

Someone asked me the other day if I believe in a literal Hell. They asked me, “Do you really believe that?” My answer, “I sure do!” The same Book that tells us about a wonderful placed called Heaven also tells us that there is a terrible place called Hell.
I had a young man, who I was talking to about his relationship with Jesus, tell me that he knew that he was going to go to Hell when he died. In response to what he said, I challenged him by saying, “Do you realize that you will be forever separated from your son and your wife and from God?” His son was only five years old at the time.
A week later I went back to visit with him again and he shared with me this story. He shared, “Eddy after you left, I couldn't stop thinking about what we talked about. For three nights I couldn't sleep. I was afraid. I didn't want to be forever separated from my wife and my son.
Finally, I couldn't take it any longer, I fell to my knees in the middle of the kitchen and I prayed and I asked Jesus to save me!” Needless to say, I was speechless! It was a totally unexpected conversion experience that I have not seen repeated since!
God is so good.
I have lost contact with this family but the last time I heard from them he and his wife were in full-time ministry and they were pastoring a church together.
Application
I will continue to share with people the Good News about Jesus.
How about you? Heaven or Hell?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for my friend Greg and his wife Sheila and their son Greg. I pray that where ever they are I pray that they are continuing to serve you. Thank You for saving Greg. Bring other people into my life who need to hear about You.
I pray for any person reading this blog today. Bless them, Lord. I pray for their salvation. Show them that they can trust You and they can trust what You say in Your Word about both Heaven and Hell.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 2; 1 Chronicles 29; Psalms 95; 2 Thessalonians 1


No comments: