Monday, December 09, 2019

After All, We Brought Nothing With Us When We Came Into The World, And We Can't Take Anything With Us When We Leave It.


After All, We Brought Nothing With Us
When We Came Into The World,
And We Can't Take Anything With Us When We Leave It.
Scripture
1 Timothy 6
6 Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. 
7 After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it.
 8 So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.
Observation
I realize more than ever before that I live in the last days. Oh, and I am not talking about the end of the world.
It is interesting that none of us want to talk about death, especially not our own. It is like by talking about it that somehow it will cause it to happen sooner than later! It is one subject that no one seems to want to talk about.
The truth is this, life on planet earth is very short, no matter how long we get to hang-out on this planet it is not really that long!
So this morning I am thinking about the dash. The dash that represents the time from when I was born to when I die.
You and I cannot take anything with us. The only thing that we can do is send it on ahead before we die. What can we send ahead – changed lives!
Only what we do for the Kingdom of God will last forever!
Application
I am reminded this morning that my focus needs to be on people. Helping them to know and grow in Christ. It is the only thing that will last forever.
How about you? Have you thought about the dash “-” lately?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. (2 Cor. 5:1) Help me make the best use of the “dash”! Don't let me get lazy. Don't let me get sidetracked. Help me focus on keeping the main thing the main thing until the day I leave this earth.
I pray for any person reading this blog. Help them to make the most of his or her life. Help them to invest in the people around them. Encourage them today. Show them how important they are to the Kingdom of Heaven.
Help me Lord to be content.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Timothy 5,6; Titus 1,2,3



No comments: